Canada is known for its excellent reputation around the world in terms of quality of education, safety, and multicultural environment. Canadian culture is diverse, friendly, welcoming, with a history of immigration and settlement that makes it empathetic to international students. Canadian teenagers often rank among the best in the world on international tests in reading, science and mathematics, a testament to the excellent quality of the education system.
One of the most enriching experiences you can have been to enjoy a high-quality education in a multicultural environment. Where you can also learn a second language such as English and/or French, and enjoy all the recreational, sports, artistic, musical, gastronomic, etc. activities.
Canada offers many choices of schools for international students. Here is a basic guide to coming to study high school in Canada:
- Choose your destination: Depending on your interests you can choose between a small city with few international students or a big city like Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver. Another important aspect to consider is the language in which you want to study, Canada being a bilingual country, offers the option to study in English or French. The climate is another important factor to consider when choosing the city.
- Public or private school: Do you want to attend classes with a large number of students or use a uniform? Extracurricular activities or create a community atmosphere, are some of the points to consider. Both options are open to international students in Canada, and both offer a high-level education.
- High school enrollment process: Through an educational advisor with experience in the Canadian system, you will learn about all the requirements and documents that you will need to present to the school. Your Advisor will process your registration in the shortest time possible and will provide you with information such as dates when the school year starts and ends, schedules, types of accommodations, insurances, etc. Your educational consultant will be your link to the institution.
- Tuition payment: Once you have completed the enrollment process and obtained a letter of acceptance (LOA) from a Canadian school, the next step is to pay the tuition fee. This point is crucial as this document will be fundamental in your visa process.
- Study Permit Application: A certified immigration consultant will help you process all your documents, submit your application, and keep you posted during the process.
- Purchase your flight tickets: Once you have obtained your study permit, buy your tickets to come to Canada and get ready to live one of the most important experiences of your life.
The high school program in the Canadian education system is well suited for preparing students to enrol in the top universities of the world. If you would like more information and a free educational consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to guide you through this process.